Donald Tang is founder and managing partner of Tang Media Partners, which focuses on the global entertainment and media business with particular emphasis on transactions between China and the United States.
Previously, Mr. Tang was Vice Chairman of Bear Stearns & Co., Chairman and President of Bear Stearns International Holdings, and Chairman and CEO of Bear Stearns Asia, Ltd.
Current and past board memberships:
- Director of tronc, Inc (NASDAQ: TRNC)
- USC Annenberg School for Communication - Member of Board of Councilors
- Harvard University Asia Center - Advisory Committee Member
- Trustee of the RAND Corporation; Member of the Rand Advisory Board for the Center for Asia Pacific Policy; and Chairman of the Rand Banking Reform Committee on China
- Trustee of California Institute of Technology
- Asia Society - Trustee Emeritus
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles - Trustee
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art - Trustee
- UCLA Memorial Center - Board Member
- Committee of 100 - Member
- China US Center for Sustainable Development - Member of the Board of Councilors; and Chair of the China-US People to People Partnership Initiative
His name frequently appears in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Los Angeles Times and Variety. He is a contributor to CNBC's Closing Bell, discussing all things China-related, and he received the "40 under 40" designation from Crain's Chicago Business Magazine.